Collection and Use of Personal Information
IAA collects and uses personal information from customers and others (an "Individual") as follows:
- IAA may collect and maintain personal information such as an Individual's name, contact information, payment card information and purchase history when an Individual subscribes for services or purchases products on our website or at a franchise location.
- IAA may collect personal information from an Individual where the Individual submits an application for programs operated by IAA or for an employment opportunity (such as that contained in a resumé, cover letter, or similar employment-related materials). We use submitted personal information as is reasonably required to assess the Individual's eligibility in the Programs and to advertise and promote the Programs or to assess the Individual's suitability for employment at IAA as well as to process the application and respond to the Individual.
- When participating in a contest or promotion, we may collect personal information, such as a contest winner's name, city of residence, and prize winnings in order to award prizes and promote such contests. This information may be published in connection with contests.
- From time to time, we may obtain an Individual's consent to use the Individual's contact information to provide periodic newsletters or updates, announcements and special promotions regarding IAA products and services.
- In order to use certain features on the IAA Site (such as to make publicly available personal information about yourself and others, including without limitation, photos and videos), an Individual may be required to register and provide personal information such as name, email address, location (i.e. city, province, postal code), date of birth and a user name and password that the Individual chooses. We use this information to identify you, provide the requested feature and, with respect to date of birth, to verify that you meet the minimum age requirement. Your username, city and province will be published with your posting. By making publicly available his or her personal information on the IAA Site, the Individual consents to the publication of such personal information. By publishing personal information about another individual, the Individual represents that he or she has, where required by applicable privacy laws, obtained the consent of such individuals to publish such information.
- The "Send to a Friend", "Share", and other similar features on our IAA Site permit an Individual to send email to others. This feature requires an Individual to submit his or her name and email address, as well as the name and email address of the recipient. We do not use the names or email addresses submitted in these circumstances for any other purpose without the consent of the Individual or the email recipient to do so.
- When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint, you may be asked for information that identifies you (such as your name, address and a phone number) along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your comment or complaint. We may also retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service and product and service offerings.
IAA may otherwise use customer information for additional purposes that are identified at or before the time that the information is used for such additional purposes.
IAA may transfer or disclose personal information as follows:
- IAA may transfer your personal information to third-party service providers or agents who provide services to or on behalf of IAA, such as hosting, data management and storage services, market analyses, and retention services. Either IAA or such third party service provider may use servers for such purposes located in the United States or another foreign country. The personal information of an Individual may be processed and stored in the United States or such other foreign country, and the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain disclosure of personal information through the laws of the foreign country.
- IAA, our affiliates and our Canadian, US and other service providers may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to an investigative body in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or as otherwise required by applicable Canadian, US or other law. We may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- We may transfer any information we have about you as an asset in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of IAA or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
Cookies and IP Addresses
IAA collects and uses an Individual's IP address to help identify the Individual, gather broad demographic information about users of the IAA Site, diagnose problems with IAA’s systems, and administer the IAA Site.
Third party links
IAA has implemented measures designed to protect against the theft, loss, unauthorized access, use, disclosure and alteration of personal information in our custody and control, with security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, including through the use of reasonable physical, organizational, and technological safeguards and appropriate training of employees. IAA’s third party service providers are obligated to maintain confidentiality and security of the personal information transferred to them and are not authorized to use such information other than to provide the services or as otherwise permitted by law.
An Individual's online access to certain personal information may be protected with a username and/or password that the Individual chooses. IAA strongly suggests that an Individual does not disclose their username or password to anyone. IAA never asks for an Individual's password in any unsolicited communication.
Individual is given the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from IAA by sending a request to our general inquiry email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8360 Bougainville Street, Suite 201
Canada H4P 2G1
Phone: 1-800-586-5231 or 514-344-4181